Sign in to follow this  
Mike Friedman

ClickUp - Project Management Tool

I am a bit of a project management tool junkie. I have been through them all.

I remember when Basecamp was all the rage in the IM community (although I always hated it). I moved on to TeamBox, RedBooth, Trello, Asana, Zoho, Smartsheet, Monday, FreedCamp, and Microsoft Teams. There are probably others I have forgotten.

I used TeamBox (rebranded to RedBooth), Trello, Asana, and Freedcamp the most.

A few weeks ago I cam across a relatively new one called ClickUp.

Yep, that is an affiliate link, but honestly the free version would probably be enough for most people.

I will highlight a few things I like about it:

• Customized to do lists. You can basically create anything you want, not just assign tasks to people with due dates. Let's say you create a workspace for all of your content marketing. And you have 7 writers you use, but you don't necessarily want the writers in your workspace. You can create a dropdown menu and add all of their names to it so you can track which piece of content is being written by who. Or say you want to keep track of social media posting. Again, you can create a dropdown menu that includes Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, etc so you can track which post went where. It's not just drop down menus either. The best way I can describe it is it is like a customized spreadsheet but you do not need to be an Excel wiz to create what you want.
  • Sub-tasks. Maybe you are performing a site audit. You can create a task for that and then create all the sub-tasks that need to be completed in order to do the audit.
  • Dependencies. Similar to sub-tasks but say you have a task to be done however in order for it to be done there are 3 other tasks that need done first. You can make that task dependent on those other tasks and it will show up as such (love this feature).
  • Automations. You can create things that happen automatically. Maybe when you finish tasks from one list you want them automatically moved to another list or project area. Done. All kinds of things you can setup with automations.
  • Integrations. You can easily integrate ClickUp with Google Docs, Google Sheets, YouTube, Zoom, Slack, and a ton of other applications. The list is growing too.
  • Desktop and Mobile apps. Yep, they have that too.

I'm only scratching the surface here. I would highly recommend anyone that is using a project management tool or thinking about using one, check this out. It might feel a little overwhelming at first, but I promise once you start playing around with it for 20-30 minutes it really comes together.

I'm in the middle of moving all my projects over to this right now. By the way, they do offer one click migrations of tasks from a lot of the popular tools out there.

SEMrush

I saw this post last week and decided to take a look at this thing over the weekend. 

I like it a lot. I can see it being useful for anything from a one-(wo)man show to a team of 100+ people. The customization features are awesome. More or less anything you want to track you can do. I'm hooked.

I got a couple of PM's about this, so I will add to it. I took a couple of screenshots to highlight some of the things I'm talking about. 

This is from a template they have for managing ad campaigns. In the first one you can see a basic overview of everything. In the second, I opened one of the tasks to highlight examples of all the custom options you can add. The third one is the "board" view which gives you a quick glance of the status of each task.

clickup1.png

clickup2.png

clickup3.png