I am about to do an interesting test

As I mentioned in the update to the forum post, I'm not just rebranding Spartan Marketing Academy into Clicked.Marketing. I'm also rebranding The SEO Pub, LLC as Clicked Marketing, LLC. I just got the official paperwork back from the state authorizing the LLC name change, so things are moving along. 

The new website is almost done. As soon as it is, I will be doing 301 redirects of all The SEO Pub pages to the new pages on Clicked Marketing.

Right now, locally I rank in the local places box for pretty much every SEO related search. 

I'm going to keep the same GMB and just change the name. I'm not going to go on a big campaign getting all citations changed. I'm going to take care of big ones like Facebook, Manta, Yelp (fuckers), etc. 

I have done this before changing domains and never saw a drop in rankings. I have never done it changing domains and business names. 

I am not hugely concerned if I do lose local rankings. I get very few local leads (like 3-4 a year tops despite my rankings) and have few local clients. It will be an interesting opportunity to see how things are handled by Google. My NAPs will certainly be a bit inconsistent. Will that really matter or does Google use the redirect to compensate for that?

Grow your online visibility

Please keep us updated how this goes. I know someone thinking about doing this. My guess is it won't impact your rankings much. It's basically the same as a business acquiring another one and when I have seen that happen there has not been a drop in rankings.