Sign in to follow this  
Mike Friedman

Don't read this thread...

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

On 7/25/2020 at 3:13 PM, Mike Friedman said:

How often have you looked for a review online for some product or new service and saw those "Don't buy until..." titles all over the place?

Well, they are hardly original. They have been working since the 1860's.

https://swiped.co/file/dont-buy-ads-1860-1880s/

Ha!  When I need to get work done, I tell myself "Don't Do It!".  My favorite is "Don't drink that beer until you're finished with your work!"

Yes, these ads are very effective.  We see it in IM a lot, too.  "Don't buy this until ... "  Usually an affiliate with a bonus.  

Weird how the human mind works.  We have to read reviews before we buy something, but just seeing something that says 'don't', first, we are whippin' out our credit card.  

On 7/25/2020 at 6:13 PM, Mike Friedman said:

How often have you looked for a review online for some product or new service and saw those "Don't buy until..." titles all over the place?

Well, they are hardly original. They have been working since the 1860's.

https://swiped.co/file/dont-buy-ads-1860-1880s/

Those clickbait headlines in the search results drive me nuts. Clearly they work or so many people wouldn't be using them though. Wild that they have been around that long.