Raise your hand if you paid more in taxes than Trump...

Mike Friedman

Run a Full Website Scan in Minutes

At the end of the day, this won't move the needle one bit with people who had already made up their mind to vote for him.

It might sway some independents and undecided voters. I think the report lacked any real teeth though. People need to see the actual tax returns, not anonymous sources releasing information about the returns.

On 10/6/2020 at 12:56 PM, Krisvertelo said:

It's unfair! Imagine people who are striving to make ends meet paid hefty contributions but Trump paid almost no federal income tax in 15 years ?

It doesn't bother me. Lots of huge companies invest as much as they make. And there are business deductions that can help quite a lot.  If you own a business that moves a lot of money, and invests back in the business...you can pay very little in taxes, without cheating at all. 

If you have a regular job, these deductions just aren't available to you.

But I can see how, to non-business owners, this seems completely unfair. 

7 hours ago, Claude Whitacre said:

It doesn't bother me. Lots of huge companies invest as much as they make. And there are business deductions that can help quite a lot.  If you own a business that moves a lot of money, and invests back in the business...you can pay very little in taxes, without cheating at all. 

If you have a regular job, these deductions just aren't available to you.

But I can see how, to non-business owners, this seems completely unfair. 

Yep. Assuming he didn't break any laws (and it sounds like there may have been some liberal deductions at the least), I do not really have any issue with it.