Yeah, so that karma thing really is a bitch...

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

1 hour ago, Claude Whitacre said:

I just wonder how this is going to affect the election.

I could see him trying to use it as an excuse to postpone the election.

That or if he loses he will say the only reason he lost is because he got sick. Otherwise he would have won in a landslide. Then he can slink away with some sort of dignity in his own mind.

I just hope that Joe didn't get it too. They are both right in Covid's wheelhouse and that would definitely throw a lot of uncertainty into voting. 

2 hours ago, Mike Friedman said:

That or if he loses he will say the only reason he lost is because he got sick. Otherwise he would have won in a landslide. Then he can slink away with some sort of dignity in his own mind.

I just hope that Joe didn't get it too. They are both right in Covid's wheelhouse and that would definitely throw a lot of uncertainty into voting. 

That was my first thought. 

It also occurred to me that he could die. i certainly don't want that to happen. But if it does, Pence is the new candidate...and he's a LOT more appealing to many Conservatives than Trump. It could change the election results. 

I saw a video on Youtube that suggested that Trump is faking the test results, so he can postpone the election. Although I wouldn't put it past him, I think it would be impossible to get everyone on board with that idea. So I very much doubt that this is anything but a conspiracy theory.

20 hours ago, Claude Whitacre said:

That was my first thought. 

It also occurred to me that he could die. i certainly don't want that to happen. But if it does, Pence is the new candidate...and he's a LOT more appealing to many Conservatives than Trump. It could change the election results. 

I saw a video on Youtube that suggested that Trump is faking the test results, so he can postpone the election. Although I wouldn't put it past him, I think it would be impossible to get everyone on board with that idea. So I very much doubt that this is anything but a conspiracy theory.

Yeah, I don't think he would fake the infection to postpone the election either, but now that he has the infection I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to use it to postpone things.

If Trump were to pass before the election and the party rallied around Pence as the new candidate, I could see it bringing out a lot more conservatives to vote than what are planning on voting now. It would probably sway the election their way. His passing would be a rallying cry. The extreme believers would more or less make him into some kind of a martyr. 

On 10/3/2020 at 11:04 AM, Mike Friedman said:

Yeah, I don't think he would fake the infection to postpone the election either, but now that he has the infection I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to use it to postpone things.

If Trump were to pass before the election and the party rallied around Pence as the new candidate, I could see it bringing out a lot more conservatives to vote than what are planning on voting now. It would probably sway the election their way. His passing would be a rallying cry. The extreme believers would more or less make him into some kind of a martyr. 

Well, he's decided to use his infection as a rallying cry. The virus isn't that bad. Don't be afraid of it. Look at me, I'm fine. Maybe I'm immune.  That stunt of standing on the balcony after he took off his mask was to show that he's strong. A strong leader.  I wonder how many noticed that he was gasping for air as he stood there? 

I wonder how many more will die because they believe that the virus is nothing? 

31 minutes ago, Claude Whitacre said:

Well, he's decided to use his infection as a rallying cry. The virus isn't that bad. Don't be afraid of it. Look at me, I'm fine. Maybe I'm immune.  That stunt of standing on the balcony after he took off his mask was to show that he's strong. A strong leader.  I wonder how many noticed that he was gasping for air as he stood there? 

I wonder how many more will die because they believe that the virus is nothing? 

The word gasping was trending on Twitter last night, so people definitely noticed.

These theatrics are just playing to his base, but I wonder how many reasonable people are being totally turned off by his cavalier attitude towards how serious the virus is and maybe even motivating them to vote where they would not have voted otherwise. Maybe even galvanizing people who have lost loved ones during the pandemic to not just vote but rally those around them to vote against him. 

More than anything, I don't think it was a planned strategic move as much as a move to feed his own ego.

If I am Biden right now, I am doing everything I can to avoid the virus. I think that might be the only thing that could potentially derail his campaign.

On 10/3/2020 at 12:05 AM, Mike Friedman said:

Yes, that's what I was also thinking. He could also use it for sympathy votes