[Feedback Wanted] Google Data Studio Template

Looking for feedback on a new GDS template I'm creating.

https://datastudio.google.com/s/pCDKl5a1sBE

Right now it is just hooked up to Google's sample data. None of that data is for a real site.

And ignore the Google Ads page. The page works if you hook it up to a real Google Ads account. I'm not sure why it is not working with the sample data. If you are familiar with Google Data Studio, you can grab it and hook up your own data to see.

If you do grab it and use it, just know that for the Search Performance area to work correctly, you need to hook up both the URL and Site versions of Google Search Console as data sources.

What else would you find useful in a report like this either for yourself or for clients?

There are some layout issues with some of the headers in columns or data getting cutoff. That will be fixed before I finish it. Right now I'm just interested in feedback on anything that might be missing to make this template useful for you.

Thanks.

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

By the way, on a side note, if anyone has had a look at the new Google Analytics 4, if you are not used to Google Data Studio, you better get used to it. Google Analytics is largely shifting from a reporting tool to an analysis tool. Reporting is going to have to be done in GDS.

Of course, the migration might be a hear or two away, but it is coming.

On 10/27/2020 at 8:37 AM, Mike Friedman said:

Looking for feedback on a new GDS template I'm creating.

https://datastudio.google.com/s/pCDKl5a1sBE

Right now it is just hooked up to Google's sample data. None of that data is for a real site.

And ignore the Google Ads page. The page works if you hook it up to a real Google Ads account. I'm not sure why it is not working with the sample data. If you are familiar with Google Data Studio, you can grab it and hook up your own data to see.

If you do grab it and use it, just know that for the Search Performance area to work correctly, you need to hook up both the URL and Site versions of Google Search Console as data sources.

What else would you find useful in a report like this either for yourself or for clients?

There are some layout issues with some of the headers in columns or data getting cutoff. That will be fixed before I finish it. Right now I'm just interested in feedback on anything that might be missing to make this template useful for you.

Thanks.

I really like it, and if I ever figure out how to use Google Data Studio, I want to use this. Is it hard to set up or to edit if I want to change things? Can you change things or if you use someone's template are you stuck using it as is?

On 10/27/2020 at 2:35 PM, Mike Friedman said:

By the way, on a side note, if anyone has had a look at the new Google Analytics 4, if you are not used to Google Data Studio, you better get used to it. Google Analytics is largely shifting from a reporting tool to an analysis tool. Reporting is going to have to be done in GDS.

Of course, the migration might be a hear or two away, but it is coming.

...and this just terrifies me.