How Are Things Going On In Your Area?

• Krisvertelo changed the title to How Are Things Going On In Your Area?

1 hour ago, Krisvertelo said:

How are things going on in your area? Are people observing protocols?

Here in California we are experiencing an increase in covid cases, a curfew is in effect 10 pm up to 5 am. Thanksgiving gatherings are discouraged. 

My area, after 6 months of lockdowns and masks, (well pretty much) things are being eased, and we will most likely be able to ditch the muzzle this Sunday, (at least outside).

This is based on the best medical knowledge, which to this day is a mystery,

B)

I have fortunately seen an uptick in the number of people wearing masks the past 2 months or so. Hardly ever see anyone without one now. I'm outside of Philly. People are still pissed at our governor because a lot of businesses are getting crushed, but if people had listened properly in the first place we probably would not be so bad off.

6 hours ago, Chase26 said:

There is no mystery to it. We know how viruses work. 

Try asking our Premier where is he getting the very best medical advise from, and no answer.

Or we are supposed to blindly trust a politician.

:o

42 minutes ago, Tagiscom said:

Try asking our Premier where is he getting the very best medical advise from, and no answer.

Or we are supposed to blindly trust a politician.

:o

Dr Skippy's team of medical experts advising on Covid in Aus.: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/government-response-to-the-covid-19-outbreak/our-medical-experts

42 minutes ago, Lanfear63 said:

These are advising the Liberals, who run Australia, not necessarily state  leaders, who's health advise differs greatly.

B)

On 11/22/2020 at 1:19 AM, Mike Friedman said:

Who gives a shit what health advice "state leaders" want to give? The only people anyone should be listening to are medical professionals.

The health advice the state governments are getting is from medical professionals. The Federal government are getting their advice from their corporate donors, Rupert Murdoch, and not a few QAnon style nutjobs.

A case in point, our Premier told us loyal followers, in between telling us off for having a coffee in a park, and other evil acts, that cloth masks and plastic shields were fine months ago, and recently told us that they where not fine, and it is illegal to wear them in public.

This was based on his sources, or the very best medical advise, (that to this day we are not allowed to see) possible.

The very best medical advise would have studied the Spanish Flu, and other viruses throughout recent history, to ascertain what works and what doesn't.

So the very best medical advise which one of more of our state Premiers used was wrong.

I guess that means they should dump that source and seek out actual experts, especially when over 6 million Victorians have to obey it.

I expect the source is the same one they rely on for other ideals, which a good number of Victorians don't understand, since we cannot grasp the complexities.

I guess if we understood Inflation Theory, and had good bus driving skills we might.

B)

47 minutes ago, Tagiscom said:

The bandanas and scarves definitely makes sense. Many are made of crap material that isn't going to help anything. And to be honest, I always thought of face shields as extra protection for you, not to help keep you from transmitting the virus to others. 

When you said it was illegal, that was what threw me. Really what they are saying is that they are not good enough. 

9 hours ago, Mike Friedman said:

The bandanas and scarves definitely makes sense. Many are made of crap material that isn't going to help anything. And to be honest, I always thought of face shields as extra protection for you, not to help keep you from transmitting the virus to others. 

When you said it was illegal, that was what threw me. Really what they are saying is that they are not good enough. 

Sure they are saying that, but we could also cop a $200 fine, which is breaking the law.

On 11/20/2020 at 3:20 PM, Krisvertelo said:

How are things going on in your area? Are people observing protocols?

Here in California we are experiencing an increase in covid cases, a curfew is in effect 10 pm up to 5 am. Thanksgiving gatherings are discouraged. 

Same here, covid cases are rising. I hope people would be socially responsible and observe the safety protocols so we can avoid spreading the virus.