Backlinks X-Ray

For me, this thing has replaced SEO SpyGlass for analyzing backlinks. 

You will need an subscription to a backlink index provider like Ahrefs or Majestic to import the links from. From there, this thing does a great job at analyzing the links.

Backlinks X-Ray.

This thing is great for evaluating competitor's links but also checking out domains you are thinking about buying for a private network.

Like SpyGlass, it will let you see which links are live right now. However, in my testing it is performing 25-30% faster. It does perform a PR check on the links, but that data is outdated of course. You can access Moz metrics PA, DA, and MozRank to give you a little bit of insight into the quality of the links.

I'll get a video demo up in the next few days. 

You can check it out yourself here.

• 2 weeks later...

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

I haven't heard much conversation if people are using this but I can report it's working well for me. There's always a bit of a learning curve but it's definitely superior to the old SG.

A couple points:

1) Customer service has been solid. I asked for a new registration code as I got a new computer and they just gave me a second one for free.

2) They personally emailed me and asked for user feedback. It seems like they truly want to maintain and improve this thing

3) I finally bucked up and bought real proxies through TorGuard. It was on sale... They are plenty fast and keep me from getting blocked on PR pulling.

4) I pull my backlinks from ahrefs as they have a bit better coverage vs. Moz I think and xray let's you run pull the Moz PA/DA pretty quickly using a free MOZ license.

5) i also like ahrefs as I realized or they changed so you can export just what they judge to be the best single backinking URL vs. getting 1000's because it's a sidewide link. This lets you run xray super fast as you aren't wasting time checking the crap backlinks.

Negatives:

1) The moz data is throttled but not that slow as I'm typically only checking a couple hundred links. I asked about multiple licenses and they are avoiding this to avoid the ire of Moz which I get.

2) The report columns return to the default each time you open the program. (they are working on this)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked this up on your recommendation. I had been using SpyGlass for a few years. I like this better. Nice tool. Easy to use. Quick. 

Little bit of a pain with loading up the links, but it is basically just a copy and paste. Nothing too bad.

It does not eat up resources like SpyGlass. I can load up thousands of links if I want and not worry about everything else I'm doing slowing to a crawl.

You are probably fine with that honestly. RDDZ doesn't pull Moz data does it?

It does have the ability to pull Moz data but since they adjusted the column sorting it seems to be broken, I always used Moz when I ran out of Majestic credits.

You are probably fine with that honestly. RDDZ doesn't pull Moz data does it?

Yah but with several here including you, using X-ray it's probably better I go with that should there be any problems.