Army of the Dead - Zack Snyder

Mike Friedman

It doesn't look like the worst movie he has ever made, and it's on Netflix so there is basically zero barrier to watching this. I'll check it out.

Netflix really has some deep pockets. 

I just finished watching the 4th season of The Last Kingdom. Shows like that have to be costing them a small fortune to make and there are quite a few of them. 

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

9 hours ago, Mike Friedman said:

I just finished watching the 4th season of The Last Kingdom. Shows like that have to be costing them a small fortune to make and there are quite a few of them. 

Meh. I had a gutful of zombies midway through whatever season of The Walking Dead ran over the period 2018/19.

As for Netflix, yeah they truly are spending up big. It may be of no interest to you or anyone else, but check out The Crown. The budget for that must have gone close, if not beyond Game Of Thrones, not to mention the level of detail involved. Then again I suppose both shows are about royal families, their heirs and successors. The big difference is that GoT features "tits and dragons", whereas The Crown features Camilla Parker-Bowles (a dragon with tits). 🤣

On 4/16/2021 at 1:53 AM, whateverpedia said:

Meh. I had a gutful of zombies midway through whatever season of The Walking Dead ran over the period 2018/19.

As for Netflix, yeah they truly are spending up big. It may be of no interest to you or anyone else, but check out The Crown. The budget for that must have gone close, if not beyond Game Of Thrones, not to mention the level of detail involved. Then again I suppose both shows are about royal families, their heirs and successors. The big difference is that GoT features "tits and dragons", whereas The Crown features Camilla Parker-Bowles (a dragon with tits). 🤣

I have been meaning to watch The Crown. I've heard good things about it. I generally like shows about the monarchies. The Tudors, The Last Kingdom, etc.

I tried watching The Lost Pirate Kingdom last night. I got through one episode. I thought it was going to be something along the lines of Black Sails (which is well worth watching). It was more like a documentary trying to tell the story with bad acting.

18 hours ago, Mike Friedman said:

I tried watching The Lost Pirate Kingdom last night. I got through one episode. I thought it was going to be something along the lines of Black Sails (which is well worth watching). It was more like a documentary trying to tell the story with bad acting.

There's quite a few of those type of docos on Netflix, ie historical events done with bad acting. There's one on the Roman Empire, which was far better covered by the HBO series Rome. 

Black Sails was a good show that covered most (all?) of what was in TLPKingdom, but did it as a sort of prequel to the classic novel Treasure Island. An interesting twist on it, with decent acting. 

If you're interested, there's a very good documentary series on Netflix called The Royal House Of Windsor. It begins during WWI with the family of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha being forced to change their family name to Windsor to avoid the obvious backlash from the common folk, through to more recent times. Worth a watch alongside The Crown.

7 hours ago, whateverpedia said:

Black Sails was a good show that covered most (all?) of what was in TLPKingdom, but did it as a sort of prequel to the classic novel Treasure Island. An interesting twist on it, with decent acting. 

I was kind of hoping they might do some sort of spinoff of Black Sails or a prequel to it. Maybe show more about the time of privateers.