Jump to content

Apple, Apple, Apple


Tagiscom
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have had to mess with my Mothers apple air, recently to get things set up, and l don't like it much.

https://www.apple.com/au/macbook-air/

If you don't use it enough, the code, resets, and then you need to input a code that doesn't work, in order to reset it.

Or you need another Apple device to reset the code. :saint:

 

Then Safari, groan, l cannot get my head around that cryptic nightmare, of windows in windows and the screen shifting.

And had to install Firefox, for some sanity.

 

But Firefox won't allow "Tools" and such up the top" and deleting a bookmark, groan, took me half an hour to figure that out, (Windows, left click, and delete).

 

I know that the purists, will be all lovey-dovvy about it, but l am going off Apple for browsing online.

 

Sifting through photos, may be more of the same, easy on Windows 7, and Apple, no arrows and you have to sift through or click on each one.

:angry:

Edited by Tagiscom
Like the new rank icons, l decided not to go with them, last update.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Grow your online visibility

The antiques O/S Roadshow. I was able to make my way around my ex-wives (when still married) 2010 Mac-book Pro. It was ok. I was even able to upgrade it once I got the specialist screwdrivers. Copied/Cloned the HDD to an SSD via USB, swopped it out and doubled the ram, 4 to 8 gigs. (max for that model), even flushed the Pram so it booted up in 15 seconds instead of 2.5 minutes (coupled with the SSD). As to the O/S, had been updated to the most recent compatible with it. All made a difference. It's what your used to but you can adapt. 

So your mother bought the new M1 Macbook Air?

Currently looking at the Windows 11 Debacle and the possibility that it will not work on machines less than 8th gen Intel or equivalent. I found a third party tool to check compatibility, (Microsoft removed theirs temporarily for upgrades) my machine passed but it is a recent i9, all checked out ok. Four more years of Windows 10 until support stops in 2025, October and if lower than i8, allegedly that then you will have to chuck your machine away going by what's being said at the moment.

Funnily enough, the Windows 11 O/S that Microsoft is giving to developers have no real restrictions. Microsoft are currently being lambasted for the alleged restrictions they will put in place when the final version comes out later this year on all new machines sold. The free upgrade to Windows 10 users will not be available till 2022

So Shane, that makes it nearly 3 newer versions of Windows you are now behind. I hope your Laptop never fails, for the preservation of the old Photoshop usage. What will you do, buy a second hand one?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

The antiques O/S Roadshow. I was able to make my way around my ex-wives (when still married) 2010 Mac-book Pro. It was ok. I was even able to upgrade it once I got the specialist screwdrivers. Copied/Cloned the HDD to an SSD via USB, swopped it out and doubled the ram, 4 to 8 gigs. (max for that model), even flushed the Pram so it booted up in 15 seconds instead of 2.5 minutes (coupled with the SSD). As to the O/S, had been updated to the most recent compatible with it. All made a difference. It's what your used to but you can adapt. 

You build your own PC,s admit it, (l built two, one under supervision and one at home). But putting in a Pentium 4, is always scary.

9 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

So your mother bought the new M1 Macbook Air?

Yep, my Apple purist brother convinced her it was better than Windows. But he tends to pray to Apple, so...

Like learn to manage a lack of available memory, (256) and l would say, screw that, and go for something with at least a terabyte, or Windows, since Apple is typically 5k, for a comparable system, (and sure it is SSD, instead of disk, but still) a lot more expensive.

9 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

Currently looking at the Windows 11 Debacle and the possibility that it will not work on machines less than 8th gen Intel or equivalent. I found a third party tool to check compatibility, (Microsoft removed theirs temporarily for upgrades) my machine passed but it is a recent i9, all checked out ok. Four more years of Windows 10 until support stops in 2025, October and if lower than i8, allegedly that then you will have to chuck your machine away going by what's being said at the moment.

The newbies are drooling and more seasoned are not, but for me windows 10 and 11, is like deciding between, Maderna or Pfizer.

9 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

Funnily enough, the Windows 11 O/S that Microsoft is giving to developers have no real restrictions. Microsoft are currently being lambasted for the alleged restrictions they will put in place when the final version comes out later this year on all new machines sold. The free upgrade to Windows 10 users will not be available till 2022

They are really just giving w10 for their dedicated laptops, adding some more bells and spyware and releasing it on all platforms as 11. And l agree it looks nicer.

9 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

So Shane, that makes it nearly 3 newer versions of Windows you are now behind. I hope your Laptop never fails, for the preservation of the old Photoshop usage. What will you do, buy a second hand one?

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/toshiba-dynabook-satellite-pro-c40h-14-laptop-i71065g7-16gb-512gb-win10-pro-ac44700?gclid=CjwKCAjwlYCHBhAQEiwA4K21m8zEV6sQPDZbI93naAOD0lbCq0q6ZDBf2G3LG9diQieNxrXPg9Db0xoCmN8QAvD_BwE

Just ran a quick check and there are plenty of new ones still available from a few years ago, but with 500gigs instead of 1tb, so to answer your question l would buy the most up to date one, pay some professionals to put in a 1tb SSD, and 7 Pro again.

And maybe get several, or go over to Apple and put up with its annoyances.

:P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Tagiscom said:

You build your own PC,s admit it, (l built two, one under supervision and one at home). But putting in a Pentium 4, is always scary.

Yep, my Apple purist brother convinced her it was better than Windows. But he tends to pray to Apple, so...

Like learn to manage a lack of available memory, (256) and l would say, screw that, and go for something with at least a terabyte, or Windows, since Apple is typically 5k, for a comparable system, (and sure it is SSD, instead of disk, but still) a lot more expensive.

The newbies are drooling and more seasoned are not, but for me windows 10 and 11, is like deciding between, Maderna or Pfizer.

They are really just giving w10 for their dedicated laptops, adding some more bells and spyware and releasing it on all platforms as 11. And l agree it looks nicer.

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/toshiba-dynabook-satellite-pro-c40h-14-laptop-i71065g7-16gb-512gb-win10-pro-ac44700?gclid=CjwKCAjwlYCHBhAQEiwA4K21m8zEV6sQPDZbI93naAOD0lbCq0q6ZDBf2G3LG9diQieNxrXPg9Db0xoCmN8QAvD_BwE

Just ran a quick check and there are plenty of new ones still available from a few years ago, but with 500gigs instead of 1tb, so to answer your question l would buy the most up to date one, pay some professionals to put in a 1tb SSD, and 7 Pro again.

And maybe get several, or go over to Apple and put up with its annoyances.

:P

No, never built a PC, only updated a few. I would never engage in such a task. My last triumph was to give my friend my old PC a year or so ago, hers was failing, and cloned her Windows installation, after a cleanup (Windows 10), from her old HD to an SSD plugged in to a USB port on hers with an off the shelf special cable. Then I put the SSD in my old one, crossed my fingers. It worked right out of the box! She was able to continue where she left off. 

So given that it was a 4th Gen Intel, she will have to get a new one in October 2025 unless Microsoft change there tune. Oh well, at least she will get 6 years out of it..

Can you run an old version of Photoshop an a new Mac?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

No, never built a PC, only updated a few. I would never engage in such a task. My last triumph was to give my friend my old PC a year or so ago, hers was failing, and cloned her Windows installation, after a cleanup (Windows 10), from her old HD to an SSD plugged in to a USB port on hers with an off the shelf special cable. Then I put the SSD in my old one, crossed my fingers. It worked right out of the box! She was able to continue where she left off. 

So given that it was a 4th Gen Intel, she will have to get a new one in October 2025 unless Microsoft change there tune. Oh well, at least she will get 6 years out of it..

Can you run an old version of Photoshop an a new Mac?

Probably, but the updates would cripple it eventually.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.