Jump to content

Superheros go Gay


Tagiscom
 Share

Recommended Posts

Quote

But the big-screen worlds of Marvel and DC remain less progressive. Tessa Thompson’s character in Thor: Ragnarok was only revealed as bisexual in a tweet while Deadpool’s sexual fluidity has yet to be fully explored. This November’s Eternals is set to change things with the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s first LGBTQ+ kiss between Brian Tyree Henry’s Phastos, the first openly gay superhero in a Marvel movie, and Haaz Sleiman, who plays his husband.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2021/oct/11/superman-bisexual-dc-comics

What are we going to see next, someone wearing a pink cape, and politically correcting stereotypes?

It worked in Star Trek Discovery, even though it was pushing it on several occasions, but superheros, looks like the franchise is doing downhill.

:o

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Grow your online visibility
22 hours ago, Tagiscom said:

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2021/oct/11/superman-bisexual-dc-comics

What are we going to see next, someone wearing a pink cape, and politically correcting stereotypes?

It worked in Star Trek Discovery, even though it was pushing it on several occasions, but superheros, looks like the franchise is doing downhill.

:o

So you mean their are no ACDC characters to Marvel at yet?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/13/2021 at 8:10 AM, Tagiscom said:

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2021/oct/11/superman-bisexual-dc-comics

What are we going to see next, someone wearing a pink cape, and politically correcting stereotypes?

It worked in Star Trek Discovery, even though it was pushing it on several occasions, but superheros, looks like the franchise is doing downhill.

:o

The reason several Marvel and DC characters are now going to be portrayed as gay, transgender, or bisexual isn't because it will boost sales. It's because many of the writers and artists that work on these comics are gay, trans, or bisexual. And many cosplayers are in that group as well. I'm not sure how it will affect sales, but I'm sure it will.

 

And the characters are now not fighting bad guys like they used to. Now, they are talking bad guys out of their evil deeds. They are using the power of understanding, love, and acceptance.

Great for a group hug, but in comics? The entire point of costumed super heroes is so young boys can live out their power fantasies. Trying to appeal for such a small segment of the population may backfire, we'll see.

If you watch any of the CW superhero shows, many of the characters are trans or gay. That's not why I stopped watching them. I stopped because every two minutes someone is having a breakdown, screaming, stomping off, crying. Everyone acts like a 14 year old girl with her first breakup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Claude Whitacre said:

The reason several Marvel and DC characters are now going to be portrayed as gay, transgender, or bisexual isn't because it will boost sales. It's because many of the writers and artists that work on these comics are gay, trans, or bisexual. And many cosplayers are in that group as well. I'm not sure how it will affect sales, but I'm sure it will.

 

And the characters are now not fighting bad guys like they used to. Now, they are talking bad guys out of their evil deeds. They are using the power of understanding, love, and acceptance.

Great for a group hug, but in comics? The entire point of costumed super heroes is so young boys can live out their power fantasies. Trying to appeal for such a small segment of the population may backfire, we'll see.

If you watch any of the CW superhero shows, many of the characters are trans or gay. That's not why I stopped watching them. I stopped because every two minutes someone is having a breakdown, screaming, stomping off, crying. Everyone acts like a 14 year old girl with her first breakup.

It's all the rage. Even Star Trek has a Trans-Warp drive now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Claude Whitacre said:

The reason several Marvel and DC characters are now going to be portrayed as gay, transgender, or bisexual isn't because it will boost sales. It's because many of the writers and artists that work on these comics are gay, trans, or bisexual. And many cosplayers are in that group as well. I'm not sure how it will affect sales, but I'm sure it will.

 

And the characters are now not fighting bad guys like they used to. Now, they are talking bad guys out of their evil deeds. They are using the power of understanding, love, and acceptance.

Great for a group hug, but in comics? The entire point of costumed super heroes is so young boys can live out their power fantasies. Trying to appeal for such a small segment of the population may backfire, we'll see.

If you watch any of the CW superhero shows, many of the characters are trans or gay. That's not why I stopped watching them. I stopped because every two minutes someone is having a breakdown, screaming, stomping off, crying. Everyone acts like a 14 year old girl with her first breakup.

Agreed, this is a bit like when Ben gave up and Darth sabered his head off, on the Death Star.

This will probably go the same way as Doctor Who, with the stereotype format and correcting stuff, (it just pisses off their fan base).

 

6 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

It's all the rage. Even Star Trek has a Trans-Warp drive now. 

STD, also pushes the feely side too much, especially with the gay genius. And the ;emotional connection to the characters is good, but you don't have to shove a camera in their faces, and drag it out.

Same with Picard, l was thinking when he dropped off his perch, ok, he croaked, don't drag out the sob fest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.