The Blob from THE BLOB Was Based on a Real-life… Blob

Tagiscom

Grow your online visibility
14 hours ago, Tagiscom said:

https://nerdist.com/article/the-blob-true-story/

Lets just hope that The Thing wasn't?

PS l expect Dan Riffle to post here soon, (won't be able to resist).

PPS not posting much at the moment, since l have the flu, or Delta Strain or the Plague, probably the plague or black death, (had that before).

Can't think what Dan would talk about? I mean you were not posting anything about tubs of lard.

I hope you are not going through the global Lurgies. A straightforward symptom of this would be a very bad sore throat and incessant coughing. Runny nose, not so much. If you start to get shortness of breath I would seek help. A test would be a good idea.  

4 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

Can't think what Dan would talk about? I mean you were not posting anything about tubs of lard.

As soon as Claude posts here, then it is a certainty.

4 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

I hope you are not going through the global Lurgies. A straightforward symptom of this would be a very bad sore throat and incessant coughing. Runny nose, not so much. If you start to get shortness of breath I would seek help. A test would be a good idea.  

No typical flu symptions, apart from almost no sense of smell, but l am sure that is the warmer weather or the vibe?

No, no shortness of breath, and l feel much better today, for the flu/Delta/black Death, which clearly has more fangs than the original Covid strain, but no worse than the flu, which it probably is, and if l say Delta that is in a purely hypothetical tone.

I know that some, who keep bringing up their stupid friends who are dropping like flies, (remarkably only after seeing their, Lord high doctor or hospital) won't be happy, but the vast majority would do likewise,

I certainly won't have to do any tests, as starving to death, doesn't appeal to me, as does our SS, from banging down my door. But if l find myself crawling on my hands and feet to the nearest hospital gasping for breath, scratching at the glass door, (that is all mass media reports here) then l will let you know.

:thumb-up: PS, this is all hypothetical/satire and not true, and any mention of the Delta variant, is purely coicendal, (l am sure l have the Black Death, seen rats, grim reaper appearing on tv, (or Dan Andrews) black cats, Harry Potter Reruns, need l say more).

7 hours ago, dons said:

That movie scared the hell out of me as a kid, and that was more than 20 years later!

But not as much as watching  this movie did https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJbkqn8jl3w

For whatever reason my parents let me watch this when I was 5, I was afraid of what was under the couch for the next month!

I have to admit that l was annoyed when Alien came out and l was under age, when my brother wasn't. But Scanners was the one that scared the hell out of me, although now, the affects are so fake looking, l may watch for the laughts.

16 hours ago, Tagiscom said:

I have to admit that l was annoyed when Alien came out and l was under age, when my brother wasn't. But Scanners was the one that scared the hell out of me, although now, the affects are so fake looking, l may watch for the laughts.

It is always fun to look at how bad the special effects were and marvel at how real it looked to you at the time. 

Hey if you want to ruin any horror movie, just start cheering for the killer! It won't be scary anymore.

7 hours ago, dons said:

It is always fun to look at how bad the special effects were and marvel at how real it looked to you at the time. 

Hey if you want to ruin any horror movie, just start cheering for the killer! It won't be scary anymore.

I do that all the time in Bond movies, but apart from the guy who blew up the volcano, when it went pear shaped, most got hammered, (l know he died in Live and Let Die, with the helicopter, but was good to see at least one excape).

12 hours ago, Tagiscom said:

I do that all the time in Bond movies, but apart from the guy who blew up the volcano, when it went pear shaped, most got hammered, (l know he died in Live and Let Die, with the helicopter, but was good to see at least one excape).

Well you know they are going to get it in the end! Its' how many can they get before they get smoked. I always cheered for they damn coyote in the Looney Tunes cartoons as a kid, just once I wish he got that road runner. Yosemite Sam too was one of my favs. 

It is great that guy in the Bond movie got to escape. 

I think the most realistic ending to a movie ever was Braveheart. In that one I was definitely cheering for him.

Interesting that a lot of Netflix shows like Lucifer or The Narcos series try and get you to sympathize with the antagonist. 

15 minutes ago, dons said:

Well you know they are going to get it in the end! Its' how many can they get before they get smoked. I always cheered for they damn coyote in the Looney Tunes cartoons as a kid, just once I wish he got that road runner. Yosemite Sam too was one of my favs. 

We all did!

It is great that guy in the Bond movie got to escape. 

At least the head of Specure, never got clobbered.

I think the most realistic ending to a movie ever was Braveheart. In that one I was definitely cheering for him.

Interesting that a lot of Netflix shows like Lucifer or The Narcos series try and get you to sympathize with the antagonist. 

Phew, a long time since l watched that one.

• 3 weeks later...