California Nights - Lesley Gore (December 1966) from Batman

Tagiscom

From Batman, Season 2, Episode 40, "That Darn Catwoman," January 19, 1967.

Stumbled upon tbis, thinking this looks like something from the tv Batman series, and yep it is, Peaked at #16 for 2 weeks on 3/18/67, on the radio.

But l don't think that she played Catwoman?

I posted this since l thought that Claude would get a kick out of it, and fill in the gaps. :P

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

On 5/7/2022 at 9:29 AM, Tagiscom said:

Stumbled upon tbis, thinking this looks like something from the tv Batman series, and yep it is, Peaked at #16 for 2 weeks on 3/18/67, on the radio.

I posted this since l thought that Claude would get a kick out of it, and fill in the gaps. :P

Claude can fill a lot of gaps.

Don't remember this woman or song but certainly never played Catwoman

On 5/7/2022 at 10:29 AM, Tagiscom said:

I remember this episode. Lesley Gore had a minor part. She played one of Catwoman's "henchmen", I think. The first year Batman was on, stars rushed to get a guest spot. I remember that the second and third seasons were just terrible. I remember, as a kid, just not wanting to see it anymore.

8 hours ago, Claude Whitacre said:

I remember this episode. Lesley Gore had a minor part. She played one of Catwoman's "henchmen", I think. The first year Batman was on, stars rushed to get a guest spot. I remember that the second and third seasons were just terrible. I remember, as a kid, just not wanting to see it anymore.

The second and third where just as bad as the first, (l watched them all including the terrible movie one).

If they had ditched Robin, and had a reasonably believable way out of the traps, the Riddler and such set for them it would have more sustainability power.

On 5/9/2022 at 2:16 PM, Claude Whitacre said:

You were never a kid. I was around ten when it hit in the UK. Although I watched it and even saw the movie at the cinema, I think I was a little disappointed how completely un-serious and tongue in cheek it was. I recently watched a you-tube vid detailing the salaries paid to the actors per episode. Batman got the most, around 2k for each one. Surprisingly, the guest star villains only got around 650 dollars when appearing. Robin, a major part of it, but a new actor, only got around 450 dollars per episode, at least to start. That was around what the villains henchmen were getting. Commissioner Gordon got around 500 dollars per episode.     

On 5/10/2022 at 6:01 PM, Lanfear63 said:

You were never a kid. I was around ten when it hit in the UK. Although I watched it and even saw the movie at the cinema, I think I was a little disappointed how completely un-serious and tongue in cheek it was. I recently watched a you-tube vid detailing the salaries paid to the actors per episode. Batman got the most, around 2k for each one. Surprisingly, the guest star villains only got around 650 dollars when appearing. Robin, a major part of it, but a new actor, only got around 450 dollars per episode, at least to start. That was around what the villains henchmen were getting. Commissioner Gordon got around 500 dollars per episode.     

A lot of the stars of shows during the 1950s and 1960s were making essentially the same as a plumber. $500 a week was very common. The guys playing The Monkees were stuck at $500 a week and got nothing for their music (even after they really played and sang). 

The first guy to play Darrin on Bewitched, after he was replaced, ended up doing janitorial work. You could see many of these guys at swap meets and garage sales.

Of course, at that time, $500 a week was considered a lot of money.

6 hours ago, Claude Whitacre said:

A lot of the stars of shows during the 1950s and 1960s were making essentially the same as a plumber. $500 a week was very common. The guys playing The Monkees were stuck at $500 a week and got nothing for their music (even after they really played and sang). 

The first guy to play Darrin on Bewitched, after he was replaced, ended up doing janitorial work. You could see many of these guys at swap meets and garage sales.

Of course, at that time, $500 a week was considered a lot of money.