must have wordpress plugins?

so what are the absolute essential plugins?

something for google analytics i suppose?

what else?

i think i remember some cache plugin being good to have, WP Super Cache?

something for speed, cloudflare?

what popular things should be avoided? jetpack? akismet?

have any of you used 'insights' plugin?

i think you can see what im looking for.

thanks for any input!

Grow your online visibility

I believe it depends on what you want to do with the website? Are you talking about Private Network or Money Sites? I do have sites with more than 20 plugins installed that help me in some way and some sites have almost no additional plugin!

Yoast is quite essential for me to create custom titles as show in the browser bar, though it could also be accomplished with custom fields (as with most things).

The "Widget Controller" plugin is also quite essential for me for larger sites that I want to silo off a bit, it allows you to show the widget only on categories / posts / pages that you specify, very handy.

Only ones that I use fairly regularly is iThemes Security, WP-Optimize, and W3 Total Cache.

with w3 total cache, in the CDN section, if my CDN isnt shown, i dont enable anything in that box, right? i assume i got it right, i used cloudflare and figured out all the setup stuff, and once i do it correctly (as far as i can tell) there is a new menu item under performance specifically for cloudflare, and i just add the cloudflare key, my info, and away we go. sound right?

btw, i did various speed tests before doing anything, got some bad scores, installed w3 total cache, wp-optimize, and cloudflare and now get much much better results. pingdom sometimes says the site is faster than 100% of all other sites, where it was ranging in the mid 70s to mid 80s before the plugins were added.

i feel like a little kid on christmas morning

btw, for wp-optimize, remove transient options or never ever ever touch that box? i know it says dont touch it unless you need to, but i dont know if i need to. full disclosure, i already deleted 30 of them. oops? or no oops?