Local Site startup

Ok, 

I am going to try and make a local site in the dentist niche get it ranked and rent it out.  All my other online ventures other than my own service business niche have made me about zero. 

So just wanted to ask a few pointers from you guys and see if I am missing something. 

So I am thinking about 8 pages or so of 500/750 words of content. 

Not sure what I am going to write about. Maybe a home page and some general pages.

Also I have a nice theme but what is a good free/paid theme that is lean and clean? mine is bloated but looks really nice.

Will do a silo structure responsive site

Make my onpage as good as it can get with nice images.

I will put a 10 pbn on it at first and see if it will start to rank. 

What other links should I do for starters? I cant really do citation links as I will not know what info to put on there until I have a customer to purchase it.

This is almost like brainstorming and trying to make sure I do not miss any crucial steps. 

Ultimately if his works I may do more. Probably different niches in my area.

Any thoughts? or recommendations? 

I honestly feel like not messing with this online marketing stuff as I am busy at my job, but as much as I have invested in it and something keeps pulling back in I wanted to try and make a little bit of money from it. Not looking to get rich or get rich quick. 

Grow your online visibility

It's odd that you mention this.

In the last week I had 2 different dentist's here in louisville call me for SEO.

One had a good looking site with 30 pages of content stolen directly from her competitors. I asked her.. Who did your site for you? She said she did. So I asked her again and told her that it was a very important question, and that some times business owners were directly involved with the building of their sites and was she the one that approved of what was being done or did she truly write it herself.

She reassured me that she'd had a company build her word press site so that she could add pages to it as she needed. And that she'd built it all herself. And yes she had actually written all of the page text herself.

So I told her that it was all duplicate/identical word for word content that had been stolen (yes i used that verbiage) from competing sites around the nation and even though it was spread out from state to state and city to city is was simple to spot. Gave her a brief description of how supplemental SERPS work that we would charge her 5K to redo her site, then 1K per month till she ranked on the first page.

I'll never hear back from her. She's a thief that doesn't see the value of what I, web designers, and copy writing professionals do. I don't have any patience when it comes to thieves.

The next one that called barely spoke English and didn't understand 10% of what I was trying to tell her so I blew her off.

But in the course of this I did some research and by GOD!! According to googles keyword planner "dentist louisville ky" is typed in 1000 times per month.

I went and bought dentistlouisvilleky.net and will build it out when I get time. I actually know a guy and his wife that that have to dental practices that may be interested in this.

I had no idea that it was so competitive. Google maps shows almost 400 dental offices in our area.

• 2 weeks later...

What other links should I do for starters? I cant really do citation links as I will not know what info to put on there until I have a customer to purchase it.

This is almost like brainstorming and trying to make sure I do not miss any crucial steps. 

Ultimately if his works I may do more. Probably different niches in my area.

Any thoughts? or recommendations? 

I honestly feel like not messing with this online marketing stuff as I am busy at my job, but as much as I have invested in it and something keeps pulling back in I wanted to try and make a little bit of money from it. Not looking to get rich or get rich quick. 

I would look for directory links and links from local community pages. 

I seem to remember somewhere you had some good directory links listed?

Also if I do these can I get by without a phone number or address?

I am building a site and was going to try to rank it then see if I can rent it out and put the company info on it when I do. 

So that is what seems to be the stumping block.